Thursday, March 31, 2011

LDS Conference—Are you ready?

I'm so excited for conference! It is such a remarkable blessing to be able to listen to a prophet of God and his apostles, to know what God wants me to be doing. In preparation for the upcoming conference I've been making a list of questions I'd like to have answered. I was introduced to this idea when I was in college. I made a list of questions I had and prayed for answers to come during conference. I had questions about dating/marriage, my college degree, meaning of certain scriptures, etc. My questions were answered in a variety of ways. Some answers came from things said by the speakers, others came from thoughts, and even one from the person I happened to sit behind while attending a session.

After this remarkable experience I have made it a tradition to prayerfully make a list of questions before conference. My questions have always been answered, not always during conference, sometimes during the following weeks, but they have always been answered. 

I've made my list of questions and I'm ready to have a nice weekend learning from modern day prophets and apostles. I've also planned yummy treats and printed off some fun packets I found at sugardoodle.net for my children to do.

What do you do to prepare for LDS Conference?

No comments:

Post a Comment